In Surgery Services
Prosthetic Video Series by clicking the link in the upper right. This is a great
source of information.
We offer in surgery services to Physicians. These are provided
locally in the Memphis, TN area. We are contracted with ALL local hospitals and
can be present during the surgery in those hospitals. Among the tasks provided
In surgery rigid dressings. This is done while the patient is
still under anesthesia and takes less than 10 minutes and come up high on the
thigh. These are usually removed after 5 days so the residual limb can be
examined. We then apply a 2nd rigid dressing after the area has been cleansed.
Usually after another 5-7 days the 2nd dressing is removed and the same
protocol is applied before the 3rd and final dressing is applied. Under normal
healing, the sutures will be removed and the patient is measured for a
preparatory Prosthesis. Prosthetic shrinkers are applied while the preparatory
prosthesis is fabricated (1-3 days). Rigid dressings promote healing in a
sterile environment, prevents flexion contractures, helps to protect the
residual limb from accidental trauma and prevents further surgical edema. The
rigid dressing will advance the patient to the preparatory prosthesis stage by
more than 50%. During the surgical procedure we can discuss the future care of
the patient and answer any Prosthetic questions that the surgeon may have.
In surgery temporary Prosthesis. These are provided to allow
the patient to start early touch down weight bearing the very next day after
surgery. These are not for all patients. We will gladly discuss the candidate
criteria for this level of Prosthetic care.
Being the largest privately owned provider in the Mid-South, we have
EXCLUSIVE contracts with many local hospitals to provide in-patient services.
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Collierville
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Oxford, MS.
- Baptist Memorial Hospital Rehab on Exeter-Germantown
- Memphis area Children's Hospitals and Clinics
- Methodist Hospital Systems-Midtown
- Methodist Hospital Systems-Germantown
- Methodist Hospital Systems-North
- Methodist Hospital Systems-South
- St. Francis Hospital-Memphis
- St. Francis Hospital-Bartlett
- Veterans Administration Hospital-Memphis
Please call our office to schedule these procedures: